Addiction to drugs or alcohol is a recognized medical condition. If you or a loved one are misusing substances, McLean Hospital can help. We offer compassionate care through a range of treatment programs proven to get you started on the road to recovery.
RECOGNIZING DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION
Some of the signs of drug and alcohol misuse are:
- Getting high or drunk on a regular basis
- Lying, especially about the amount one is using or drinking
- Avoiding friends and family members
- Talking or thinking a lot about using drugs or alcohol
- A belief in needing to use or drink to have fun
- Getting in trouble with the law or excessive risk taking under the influence of a substance
- Diminishing work performance
- Feeling depressed or hopeless, or having thoughts of self-harm or suicide
McLEAN IS HERE TO HELP
At McLean Hospital, we know that addiction to drugs and alcohol can cause serious problems at work, school, in relationships, and with the law. For more than 40 years, McLean Hospital has been providing world-class care for patients struggling with substance misuse. Our Harvard Medical School-affiliated clinicians can help you break the cycle and take control of your life with a range of treatment options proven to help individuals on the path to addiction recovery.